With our recent growth to include a production department, the Warehouse Manager will eventually be required to oversee the warehouse, production, workshop and sewing room operations. This is a position in which the successful candidate will have room to grow and develop and not one that will stand still.
Your role will be to follow and improve warehouse processes, to ensure the department runs smoothly and meets company targets. You will monitor and lead the warehouse staff, issue daily tasks and ensure they are completed in a timely manner to support all Service Managers and engineer teams. We supply parts and product to four main offices in the UK, Daventry, York, and Scotland. We need to identify cost saving in many of our stock lines. The need to run a clean safe and efficient warehouse has never been greater.
To fulfill this role you will be enthusiastic in approach and should demonstrate a high level of attention to detail. You will need to remain calm when the pressure mounts and act as a role model to fellow members of staff by supporting, guiding and training them, encouraging a strong work ethos in line with company culture.
You will take an interest in the total operation of the business, be a key member of the management team, aid continuous improvement in overall company performance, and in particular, will be targeted on company turnover, reduction in order packing process time through the warehouse to include improved stock management process, and internals work processing.
- Maintenance of department health and safety records to include H&S department and premises check list, PAT testing records, updating COSHH records with new substance data sheets and ensure warehouse staff has appropriate training and certificates in place for carrying out warehouse tasks.
- Complete training forms for any training carried out in warehouse ensuring training files are updated.
- Undertake warehouse appraisals and performance reviews in line with company policy ensuring correct company processes followed for holidays, absence, development plans and disciplinary matters.
- Ensure the returned parts/collected patterns areas are audited weekly and match collection book entries, liaising with service and engineers to solve any arising issues.
- Ensure internal orders are raised within the same day of receiving the paperwork and required works are fully understood by the warehouse team to complete the work. Particular attention to be paid to the detail on internals orders matching with engineer report instructions, liaising with the service department or engineers to ensure correct.
- Ensure warehouse staff follows internals work process, raising and logging the orders as per company process and track internal work as per warehouse tracker, reporting at management meetings.
- Ensure warehouse staff offer excellent internal customer service including completing daily tasks as per company expectations.
- Take full responsibility in relation to engineer areas in the warehouse, ensuring engineers leave warehouse and cage areas, outdoor cage, skip and parking areas secure and tidy.
- Ensure incoming goods area is emptied daily and correctly matched up by the warehouse with customers’ orders for packing process and file incoming delivery notes by a supplier.
- Follow progress on jobs where agreement has been given for specific dates and report back to Service Managers as necessary to ensure commitments made to customers are fulfilled.
- Monitor and manage warehouse staff and to track work given to them, to lead a daily Align huddle with them to set the day’s work and expectations in line with service department requirements.
- Update service, ops, managers, H&S meet minutes in a timely fashion.
- Have responsibility for van check process, ensuring it is followed with engineers by all staff carrying out van checks and issues such as accident damage are raised with the relevant Service Manager immediately. Ensure van tidiness is of an acceptable standard before van checks are signed off. Ensure any van on site overnight is in camera area.
- Track orders not packed at the end of each day to reduce the value of sales orders held back in the warehouse.
- Ensure daily warehouse and external area checks are followed by the warehouse team to maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times.
- To ensure all procedures in company handbook are adhered to by all staff
- Maintain safe working environment both on site and at our premises
- Ensure staff, customer, and personal safety at all times
- To abide by company rules, Health and Safety and quality policies
- To report any failures, property damage, incidents to the Senior Management Team
- Carry out all reasonable tasks, requests or projects as requested
- Hold the daily huddle with the warehouse to set priorities for the day, reporting daily on Service Department diary values.
- Ensure highest levels of tidiness of indoor and outdoor areas ensuring a tidy, clean and safe working environment and secure outdoor area.
- Efficiently manage goods inwards procedure, incoming and outgoing stock procedures and miscellaneous parts and fitness equipment and the fitness list is fully updated in the warehouse to ensure overall stock levels, stock values and equipment status are correct at all times.
- Ensure weekly stock purchase request is made to the company Purchaser; liaise with Purchaser where suppliers need to be chased for deliveries.
- Carry out Warehouse stock takes.
- Follow weekly paperwork checks, zoning, de-zoning and returns processes relating to engineers’ work.
- Carry out van checks for all company vehicles attending head office.
- Ensure quality of packing and all internal works is of expected and acceptable standard to be within the annually set company returns percentage target.
- Track daily and weekly value of goods packed by warehouse and ensure the tracker is updated following correct paperwork process.
- Track orders not packed at the end of each day to reduce the value of sales orders held back in the warehouse to zero, ensure the tracker is updated.
- Track internals completed and internals still to complete within the warehouse tracker.
- To attend and feed into the weekly video managers meeting and bi-monthly H&S meeting.
- Ensure the Midlands parts run is correct and complete before this leaves HO
- Work together with and fully support Service Departments in reaching company goals and responding quickly to company, internal and external customer needs.
Key Skills, Characteristics, and Experience
Good communicator and able to follow process fully. Recognise the importance of delivering projects on time.
Minimum Experience required
At least 3 years
- Organised, operationally strong with a fundamental understanding and experience of running robust business processes
- Bright, charismatic, inspirational character with the ability to gain credibility, internally and externally, quickly
- Excellent communicator, able to articulate and deliver messages effectively with excellent presentation skills, with an open and direct style
- Have the intellectual capacity to articulate the company’s strategy internally and to customers
- Able to lead and adapt to change
- Team player with strong determination to succeed
- Remuneration package dependent on experience
- Group Life Insurance
Attraction of the role
This role could be the ideal move for a manager with a demonstrable track record of growing, developing, aligning, managing and mentoring teams.
Formal interview with H&S Director and HR Director
To apply email email@example.com for more information.