A leading provider of the service, maintenance, supply and installation of sports, play and fitness equipment into schools throughout the UK.
As a leading provider of the service, maintenance, supply and installation of sports, play and fitness equipment into schools throughout the UK already, we have the passion and expertise to advise you for sports premium funding.
The Primary PE and Sport Premium is a government-backed funding initiative aimed at helping primary schools across England improve their physical education and sport provisions.Get In Touch Today
What is the Primary PE and Sport Premium?
Originally announced in March 2013, the Primary PE and Sport Premium has provided schools with around £150 million per year. In July 2020, the Government announced the continuation of the funding with £320 million for the 2020/21 academic year. As a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, the Department for Education took steps to relax the ring-fencing arrangements for the PE and sport premium.
In the 2019 to 2020 academic year to allow any unspent grant to be carried forward into the 2020 to 2021 academic year. On 17 June 2021 the Education Secretary announced a further relaxation of ring-fencing arrangements for the PE and sport premium. This will allow any unspent grant to be carried forward into the 2021 to 2022 academic year.
Any under-spends carried forward from the 2019 to 2020 academic year, and the 2020 to 2021 academic year, will need to be spent in full by 31 July 2022. Schools should factor this into PE and sport premium spending plans. The 2020 to 2021 conditions of grant documents have been updated to reflect this.
On 25 June 2022, the Department for Education confirmed that the Primary PE and sport premium funding will continue at £320 million for academic year 2022-23.
How can the Primary PE & Sport premium be used?
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE & sport offered.
This means that schools should use the premium to:
- Develop or add to the PE and sport activities
- Build capacity and capability for school improvements for future generations joining
For example, you can use your funding on the following:
- Hiring qualified sports coaches to work with teachers.
- Providing staff with professional development, mentoring, training and resources to help them embed physical activity across your school.
- Introducing new sports or activities to encourage more pupils to take up sport.
- Supporting and involving the least active children by providing targeted activities, and running or extending school sports clubs and holiday clubs.
- Entering or running sport competitions or increasing participation in these.
- Running sports activities with other schools.
- Encouraging pupils to take on leadership or volunteer roles that support or physical activity in your school.
- Raising attainment in swimming to meet requirements of the national curriculum.
- Embedding physical activity into the school day through active travel to and from school, active playgrounds and active teaching.
What you should not use your Sport Premium funding for:
Employing coaches or specialist teachers to cover PPA arrangements (this should come out of your core staffing budgets).
Teaching the minimum requirements of the national curriculum (or, for academies, to teach your existing PE curriculum). The exception is for top-up swimming lessons after pupils complete core lessons.
Funding capital expenditure. NB However if you enter into an Operational Lease as part of a Spread Payment scheme then you will be eligible.
So, how can Sportsafe help me with my Sports Premium funding?
Sportsafe Can Supply Your Sports Equipment
Offering the widest range of unique and standard products suitable for primary schools – all purchased through your funding.
UK Leaders In Sports Installations
We have the largest range of indoor and outdoor installations – from climbing frames, gymnastics halls to daily mile tracks and playground markings– all available in your Sports Premium.
We can also offer CPD for Teachers, as well as National Qualifications in Teaching and learning / Leadership and Management through our Nationally recognised partner VisionEd – all included within your funding.
Unrivaled Reporting Systems
With over 25 years in the business, we are able to support you in evidencing your allocation spend and publishing it to Ofsted required regulations.
How much funding is your school entitled to?
*estimation of your allocated funding*