We have seen a significant increase in our inspection pass rate over the last twelve months thanks to many of our valued clients who have been taking good care of their sports, play and fitness equipment, and ensuring that necessary maintenance is undertaken by Sportsafe.
Regular maintenance of your equipment prolongs its life and use and helps to ensure that safety standards are met. Although “regular” is not defined with a specific frequency by the BSI, it is typically interpreted as annually, with more frequent inspections recommended if use is higher than normal. For example, where community use adds significantly to equipment usage levels at a school.
Daily or weekly inspections can be completed by anyone who has sufficient knowledge and experience of the equipment to enable them to identify issues such as wear and tear.
However, full technical safety checks should be carried out by a professional Service Engineer. The lifetime of sports, play or fitness equipment may vary, depending on the environmental conditions or level of use and quality and durability of the equipment.
For example, equipment that is subject to harsh outdoor conditions is likely to need more frequent maintenance than that used in an indoor environment. Therefore, it is important that you report any concerns about the condition of your equipment to Sportsafe, and we will assess the equipment and carry out any necessary repairs or replace the product to ensure the safety of users.
If your sports equipment inspection is overdue or due soon, please visit our Inspection & Maintenance Page to book your inspection, or if you have some outstanding remedial repairs, please call us now on 0333 300 0032 to discuss. We guarantee to beat all repair quotes for any like for like quotation.
Why work with Sportsafe?
- Established for over 25 years and part of ABEO – one of the largest sport and recreation groups in the world.
- We have three offices and two engineer hubs supporting our Engineers and Inspectors keeping us within 90 minutes of our UK clients.
- All inspections meet British and European recognised standards guaranteeing you that our team is up to date with all current legislation.
- Working to the ISO 9001:2015 standard means that we have implemented solid and efficient processes that ensure we provide effective and well-organised services to our customers.
- Our ISO 14001:2015 accreditation emphasises our commitment to improving our impact on the environment and that controls and measures we have in place are effective in helping us achieve our environmental goals.
- Fully electronic reporting system – Sportsafe offers electronic reporting with quotations for repairs delivered within 24-48 hours from the point of inspection.
- Fully pre-booked and confirmed inspection system – which guarantees no unexpected visits ensuring your site security.
- Sportsafe uses only DBS registered and uniformed engineers with no subcontracted engineers.
- Sportsafe UK holds CHAS, Constructionline Gold and Alcumus SafeContractor health and safety accreditation, and we are also a member of AFPE and ROSPA, giving you peace of mind that your equipment is in safe hands.
- All clients receive a Health and Safety Newsletter with important updates on keeping sports equipment and facilities well maintained and compliant with Health and Safety obligations.