The Havering Education Brokerage
Finding the right supplier for any service can be a daunting task, but for the education sector, it is particularly difficult. You must be 100% certain that you are using a trusted supplier that will deliver the best possible service to meet your needs and requirements – this is where the Havering Education Brokerage can help.
Sportsafe are proud to be one of the trusted suppliers of the London Borough of Havering and have been providing the inspection, service and maintenance of sports equipment for many years. Through the Havering Education Brokerage, Sportsafe can also supply and install all your indoor and outdoor sport and fitness equipment including play equipment and surfaces.
How did Havering choose their approved suppliers like Sportsafe?
Havering Education Service (HES) is the London Borough of Havering’s brand for producing a range of support services to education establishments. As part of a growing service, HES provide an Education Brokerage Service that follows a robust procurement and tender process. The framework currently consists of 18 distinct services of which there are 38 suppliers. The process of the brokerage involves:
- Identification of areas of additional needs for goods and services
- Development of service specifications and framework agreements
- Public/ OJEU tender
- Vetting of shortlisted suppliers, including taking references from their education based customers
- A series of supplier’s interviews and presentation from a cross section of schools
- Award of brokerage framework status.
The unique benefits offered to schools under the Havering Education Brokerage scheme
- Access to competitively tendered prices on installation, service & maintenance of your sports equipment by SportsafeCall today on 0333 300 0032 to arrange your site visit or annual inspection.
- Quarterly contract review meeting held with the London Borough of Havering’s Traded Services Business Development Manager (Shola Omogbehin)
- Very low contract prices have been negotiated on some key products
The Education Brokerage Service was initiated in 2013 and has developed into a multi-supplier procurement framework compromising a portfolio of publicly tendered, market tested and quality assured suppliers of goods and services that can be used with confidence. The primary aim is to support schools and settings in their efforts to achieve good value for money and to minimise procurement risks when purchasing good and services.
By subscribing to the Havering Education Brokerage service you could save time and money finding an approved supplier for all your education needs and also remove the need for a lengthy and costly tendering process.