Are you struggling to provide the funding for your sports development projects?
Sportsafe has done the hard work for you by researching funding opportunities that are available to schools and organisations across the UK. So whether you’re a primary, secondary, charity or community organisation, there’s a grant for you below.
Awards for All Scotland, All England, All Northern Ireland, All Wales
- Separate bodies, each one focuses on helping people and communities in their respective country.
- Grants of £300 to £10,000 are available for eligible organisations and projects.
- Applications can be made at any time – there are no deadlines.
Premier League and the FA Facilities Fund
- Focusing on provision, the fund aims to help grassroot organisations refurbish or build facilities.
- Grants are available between £10,000 and £500,000.
- Football clubs, schools, councils and local sports associations are all eligible to apply.
- There are no deadlines for applications.
Sport Scotland – Sports Facilities Fund
- Helping projects which give opportunities for people to get involved in sport, the fund supports capital projects which create of improve facilities.
- Two funding pots available – small projects £25,000 to £250,000 and large projects £250,000 +.
- There’s a huge range of eligible organisations and projects.
- There are deadlines each year so be sure to check before you submit.
Sport England Small Grants
- A pot to help not-for-profit organisations get people active.
- Grants between £300 and £10,000 available.
- No specific deadlines.
Angus Irvine Playing Fields Fund (AIPFF)
- Maximising resources for grassroot sports.
- Local community groups, sports clubs and charities are eligible.
- Grants available between £2,500 and £5,000.
Premier League & the FA Facilities Small Grants Scheme
- Aimed at supporting the growth of football clubs and activity.
- Grants between £1,000 and £10,000 available.
- A whole range of eligible organisations and projects to choose from.
Community Action Northumberland
- Benefitting the community within the parishes of Brinkburn & Hesleyhurt, Longhorsley, Netherwitton, Nunnykirk and Rothley & Hollinghill.
- Grants between £250 and £2,500.
Northumberland Council Community Chest Grant
- Supporting projects which enhance the environment, strengthen communities and promote health and wellbeing.
- Any organisation which serves Northumberland can apply.
- Grants up to £10,000.
London Marathon Charitable Trust
- Grants available from £5,000 to £150,000.
- Supports projects which gets adults and children active for life.
- No deadlines for applications.
These are just a taster of the grants which are available to schools, charities, councils and other organisations across the UK. To help, we have put together a free and handy guide for you, with all the information in one place. To request a copy, simply fill in the form at the bottom of the page.