Classic wooden school gymnastics benches, we’ve all seen them and most likely used them. Found at almost all primary schools across the country, it is fair to say that they are easily one of the most popular, low-cost, multi-functional items of equipment available on the market. However, these much-loved benches do have their problems which could be costing schools an unnecessary amount of money.
Tight budgets have become a common theme within the education sector in recent times which is why it is vital that schools are being given all the necessary information to enable them to buy well and buy once. With this said, let’s take a look at how the classic wooden gym bench may be costing you a lot more than you expected and what you can do about it.
With the initial prices starting at just £199.00*, this is the ideal piece of equipment for many schools looking to keep their PE budgets in check. I say the initial price for a very good reason. As standard, these benches come with a 1-year guarantee on faulty equipment but this does not cover the costs of very common damage caused by their extensive use. Over a short period of time, that low price you originally paid will continue to increase due to costs of repairs and even replacing benches.
How much are your benches costing you?
Take a look at some of the common repairs needed:
- Replacement side rails
- Replacement Balance Rail
- Replacement of top section
- Replacement foot and leg sections
- Replacement bench buttons
Thankfully, there are products available that can significantly reduce your overall costs by removing the need for any repairs throughout the lifetime of the bench.
Our partners, Janssen-Fritsen have developed a range of durable, versatile and safe benches that completely redefine the classic wooden gym benches that we are all used to.
Have a look at some of the features that make these benches so revolutionary:
- Tubular steel construction
- 3 interchangeable wooden slats
- 5-year guarantee
- TÜV certified
- Optional balance beam underneath bench
- Functional but simple, therefore saving money
- Rubber wheels for easy movement
More than just a sitting bench
- When turned around, the bench can become a balance beam
- Benches placed next to each other make a completely closed surface
- Can be safely hung from a ceiling unit by means of straps
- An indispensable, safe element to create a wide range of situations
- The middle sitting slat has a different colour to train one’s sense of balance
With prices starting from £429.00 you will be paying a premium for the Janssen-Fritsen gymnastic bench but by doing so you will certainly save money throughout the life of this product in comparison to a standard wooden gym bench.
Do you have damaged benches? Looking to upgrade or replace? Want more information about the Janssen-Fritsen Gymnastics benches? Get in touch with us today on 0333 300 0032 or check out our online shop.